Sunday, April 27, 2008

because it's raining outside today, the lists keep a-coming.

lessons i will probably never learn no matter how many times i'm presented with the opportunity to 'learn from my mistakes':

- not putting my toothpaste in my carry-on bag.
- following the washing/drying instructions on clothing.
- not eating/drinking near my laptop.
- sipping, not gulping, my starbuck's chai incase it is actually made to order and thus scalding hot.
- knowing when to say 'when' to salt and vinegar chips.
- realizing that shoes that hurt when i buy them will still hurt post-purchasing
- lip gloss left in the car on a hot day will never recover to its original form
- that i should stop keeping receipts. i will never ever need them. and from past experience the ones i do need, i can never find amongst the hundreds of unnecessary ones.
- that there is such a thing as too much edamame.
- i really do need at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- keeping my itunes organized is not going to happen. embrace the chaos.
- apostrophe usage.
- always pack a hair dryer. hotel hair dryers are never going to do the job.
- just because i am offered salted peanuts on the plane doesn't mean i have to eat them and then be desperately thirsty for the rest of the flight because the cups of water they give me are meager and i don't see why i can't just have the whole bottle since they are giving everyone else whole cans of soft drink. (sorry, i got a bit carried away with that one)
- the sheer importance of flossing

3 comments:

a penny for the old guy said...

- that there is such a thing as too much edamame.

are you sure? I don't know about this.
(30 seconds has passed and I have thoughtfully considered your stance here, and my response is:

are you sure? I don't know about this.
(30 seconds has passed and I have thoughtfully considered your stance here, and my response is:

are you sure? I don't know about this.
(30 seconds has passed and I have thoughtfully considered your stance here, and my response is:

\\DIV: SYSTEM ERROR...
THE FOLLOWING THOUGHTS HAVE NO (STEM) ROOT

-EDAMAME
-ENOUGH

\\COMPUTATIONS NOT COMPLETE:_ _ _
PLEASE RESTART SYSTEM

(AND GET MORE EDAMAME)

capone said...

concur with system error....
definitely concur....
definitely...

amy said...

dooce would also disagree with the 'too much edamame comment'.
and free food? i can't turn it down. I just can't!