Saturday, June 28, 2008

anisa tahireh


















i will always remember the day you were born. i could barely contain my excitement. high school classes held none of my attention as i waited for your arrival. a call to the office. a call to the hospital. i don't remember how i got there but i do remember holding you in my arms. amazed at how tiny and how perfect you were. a crown of dark hair, big expressive eyes, pink lips. i fell in love instantly.

i once found you in my room having mashed all my lip glosses together. i was unimpressed to say the least. you were only four when i left for uni and i still feel like i missed big milestones.

i cannot quite wrap my head around the fact that you are fifteen. what happened in the time in between? you were, just yesterday, a little girl with a cascade of jet black ringlets down your back. strangers would stop us to exclaim at how gorgeous you were. now i can talk to you about everything. a total fashion plate, i love your laugh and sense of adventure.

i carry you in my heart. happy birthday beautiful girl.

love,
go

No comments: