Sunday, October 05, 2008

another autumn in tennessee

this is my second. i remember last fall clearly. the leaves turning gold. the days getting shorter, cooler, crisp morning air. walking across the bridge to my new job. feeling overwhelmed, slightly intimidated by how much there was to learn. sitting in my tree house with tea in hand. staring. repairing. hoping. breathing.

or at least attempting to.

today, lying on the grass (i don't do this nearly enough), blue skies above, sunshine streaming down, his head on my lap, friends all around us, running my fingers through soft disheveled curls, i realized it's a pretty amazing feeling when your wish list becomes a reality. i've felt inordinately grateful recently. and i should. life is wonderful and i'm happy.

i hope you are too.

No comments: