Sunday, January 04, 2009

grateful.

dev left tonight for california. andy's mother passed away a few days ago and we are all heartbroken about it. dev is going out there to be with his best friend and carry the love of his family and i to the grammers.

kathy grammer and i only spent two days in each others company but i think of her like an angel that whisked into my world with perfect timing. i was raw and hurting and confused. she was loving and wise and empowering. she gave me a vital gift - taking steps on the journey to figuring out my divine blueprint. there is no gift much better than that.

the events that have unfolded in the past week or so have just reminded me how fleeting life is, and the importance of living to our highest potential each and every day.

it has also reinforced my gratitude. for my health. my family. my friends. for the fact that my mum calls me every sunday night because she knows that my mood is always a bit despondent on sundays...and for moments like i just had when i peeled back my bed to climb in and found it littered with sweet notes from dev. letters he knew i would find, once he left...

i'm truly grateful for it all.

ps. there was also a random note in the freezer. and i mention it because it is nestled next to the MOST AMAZING treat of the week - trader joe's tamales. full of all natural ingredients. no sugar. no yeast. so delicious and delightful.



2 comments:

montague said...

i am so sorry for Andy's loss. i remember meeting kathy in green acre, she taught the sweetest, most inspiring week long seminar about virtues. she was absolutely lovely, and i remember spending long hours talking with her - she was counseling me about work, future, love, faith and all the big things in life...

RitaJeane said...

I am quite jealous of the fact that you have a trader joe's...oh and dev's notes.