Thursday, May 14, 2009

happy birthday dad

in a couple of days it's my dad's birthday. if my calculations are correct he'll be 61. it doesn't really seem logical that my dad is in his sixties. i feel like my parents will always be in their forties. just like anisa (my little sister) will always be 3, and my brother, roshan, about 14.

seeing photographs of my sister the other day all glamorous and dressed up for her friends 'deb' (the australian version of prom) jolted me back to reality. she's turning 16 this year, and there is not a thing i can do to slow her down.

in celebration of my dad's birthday i am posting this picture of him driving/maneuvering/surprisingly-not-losing-a-limb on a tractor. keep in mind my dad is a doctor, not a farmer, but this doesn't stop him from deciding to buy a huge plot of land and large items of farm machinery.

happy birthday dad. i love you.

No comments: