Wednesday, May 30, 2007

radio silence

only a handful of people will understand what this title means. i know what it means to me, i don't really know what it means in general. i've been meaning to look it up.

sometimes distance is the only way to figure things out and sometimes it's all about close proximity.

these days i can't decide what i want. i guess it all depends on the other person involved. but sometimes i want both distance and proximity with the same person. and sometimes neither provide clarity and i want the best of both worlds...that middle ground that is exciting and makes you lie awake thinking of the one thousand different outcomes all night long.

i finally hit a wall yesterday after my corpus adventures and crashed out at a normal human sleep time of 10pm. woke up feeling like i could sleep for another 8 hours but made myself get up and go to work. my body needs stretching. i really miss my yoga classes. i'm hesitant to start any in nashville because my schedule is so packed already.

i caught up with some wonderful people in houston. sometimes i don't realize how much i miss someone until i'm around them again.

i haven't made one. single. gocco. print. my obsession hasn't waned, but my days just seemed too full to have space to be creative. the machine and all the supplies are sitting on my dining table, ready and poised for action.

i love getting packages in the mail. it's my day of birth on saturday. i hope to get at least one package. i've always been childish about birthdays. maybe one day i'll grow out of it. i think the only reason i relish them so much is because when i was young my parents were NOT into them at all. i had to beg to have a party. it wasn't that they didn't want me to celebrate...they just thought birthday parties were all wrapped up in materialism and they didn't want to stress out my friends parents with the whole 'gift buying' drama. when i was 7 and living in wales i told all the kids in my classroom that my parents wouldn't let me celebrate my birthday so they all made me birthday cards in class because they felt sorry for me. this year i'm going to have brunch with some friends in a secret location. i haven't been given the details...fun!

hope all of you in cyber space are well and happy. luxuriating in the small gifts we are each given every day.

x

Radio silence

In telecommunications, radio silence is a status in which all fixed or mobile radio stations in an area stop transmitting. The radio stations include anything capable of transmitting a radio signal. Radio silence generally applies to the military, where any radio transmission may reveal troop positions, either audibly from the sound of talking, or by its use as a homing signal.

Thanks Wikipedia!

No comments: