Thursday, September 13, 2007

pieces and bits.

can i talk about the weather for a minute? i know it's not the most exciting subject and feel free to sit me down and give me a stern talking to if i ever become one of those people that checks the forecast daily and uses the word 'precipitation'. but i have to state, for the record, that the weather today in nashville met my approval 100%. blue skies. bright. the perfect ratio of hot sun and cool breeze. it was my definition of a perfect summer day. and after weeks of feeling like i live in a perpetual sauna it felt so. amazingly. wonderful. to be outside today.

this wonderful weather set the stage for my morning walk. i love this walk across the bridge into the city. ten minutes where the world acts as my backdrop. it exists around me but i don't have to interact with it. i walk at warp speeds according to marabeth so she takes the shuttle and i do the walk alone. with my ipod. and sunshine on my back. if you saw me (speed)walking across that bridge in the morning i'd probably be smiling. i can't help it. it's just that for those brief minutes everything is alright with the world. everything is exactly. as. it. should. be.

i'm having fun with my completely improper usage of full stops today. sorry if it bothers you. really, if it should bother anyone - this blatant lack of regard for grammer, spelling, punctuation, phrasing and begining-sentences-with-uppercase-letters, it should be me. the person with the master's degree in editing and publishing. but it's the least of my concerns.

**

i keep wanting to draw someone's attention to the light that was captured filtering through the trees. making that particular photograph even harder for me to not look at.

**

today i broke the towel rack in my bathroom. it came off the wall. i have no idea how to fix it. this is a problem. because now my towels have no home. it comprises of three simple pieces. the two 'arms' and a metal rod. i have tried every angle. it is like a riddle.

**

i found out a couple of days ago that my brother is going to canada for two months. my mum told me and then i read it on his facebook wall. when my mum told me i was in an irritable mood (sorry mum) so it didn't really hit home. and then reading it on rosh's facebook page i realized how excited i am that he will be in the same continent as me. i really hope he comes to nashville for a visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! i love you two - i think i can safely say you are the coolest brother & sister i know. and proudly from nz which is even better :) i wish _i_ were on the same continent as either of you - maybe some unforeseen time in the future - but i hope it happens.